Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Still No News

Several people have contacted me wondering where the boys have got to, and whether they have finished yet. They haven't called in since Saturday, so there's no way to know exactly where they are. They were hoping to get to Victoria yesterday (Monday) and Orcas today (Tuesday), but I am assuming they are delayed by weather. Its been very windy the last couple of days in the Strait of Juan de Fuca so they may not have been able to get on the water as much as they had hoped. Also, they would have to pass Race Rocks, an area with strong tidal currents that is notorious for its rough seas. These factors would likely cause some delay. The forecast is quite good now though, so I'm expecting some contact soon. -- Jon

No comments: